quarta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2009

The "lovely" differences between Brazil and Canada

This text is for who was waiting for my English text!

Last week I participated the Speech Competition, in my school, I didn't win, but the experience was amazing!


Relationship between children and parents: In Brazil the most important relationship in a family is between children and parents. The most important thing is love and respect! We don't say “ I love you “ a lot or give presents, but we take care of our parents, and show our love an respect for them. Of course sometimes, especially when we are teens, we fight or disagree our parents, but still respect them.

In Canada my experience from observing relationships between children and parents drives me mad, because I can see a lot of teens saying “ I love you mom”, I love you dad”, but they don't really do what they say. For me, it is crazy! They don't respect the rules by their parents, they don't take care, only say “ I love you”.

Barbecue: In Brazil, when someone wants to do a barbecue, means a kind of party! Always! Many people are invited, the house to be busy, musics are listened and many, many food are cooked. Beef, chicken, sausages, bread whit garlic , special salad, rice and desserts are made for the guests. And the Brazilian barbecue goes for a long time, maybe all day long.

In Canada, barbecue is everything that is made in a barbecue machine. It is not the same in Brazil, it means “ a party”, it is usual. The taste is good too, but doesn't have a lot of food and, the most common thing is hamburger, no music and the barbecue goes for a short time, like a lunch lime.

Parking on the street: In Brazil, everyone needs to know how to park the car exactly in the street line, because, if you don't do that, someone can hit your car, it is a little bit scary, that's why, the cars in Brazil are parked very well!

Here in Canada, I can see a lot of cars parked too far off the sidewalk, for me it is so funny! But I think Canadian drivers respect more who are walking on the streets than Brazilians drivers.

People on the beach: I miss the view where I could see many big colorful umbrellas at the sand and beer, fish ships and a lot of people singing, dancing on a summer day. This is a Brazilian beach!

When I went to a beach in Canada, in the fist time, I saw a lawn before the sand, and big woods everywhere, I thought: “ Where are the colors?”



5 comentários:

  1. Hi my dear!! I miss speach English so I loved your post! I understand all the topics because New Zealand seems similar of Canada in many aspects. You're so "important" at this picture... seems like a republic president... huhauhauahuahau. Miss you!! Kisses!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Finally an English post!
    I as can see you are fine and getting better and better.
    In despite of brazillian manners all others live by the rules and that is why they do not do thing like us. We do not respect rules and manners as well.
    Good to hear from in English and from now on only in SAP mode (second audio program).
    Seeyouanytimesoon.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Nubinha,

    Keep going ´cause you are increasing your English. God bless you!!! Now, maybe you can´t see it but soon you´ll.

    Kisses IRLO.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Nu!!!!
    adorei o texto!!!!
    não entendi tudo....rrsrrs
    mas ficou bom!
    saudades!
    bjs Angel

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Im a canadian and i think that there are more differences between canada and brazil than you think.

    ResponderExcluir